Naturally low in carbs, this White Cheddar Broccoli Soup is an easy keto classic. Plus, its rich flavor and creamy texture makes it an undeniable fall-favorite. So go ahead, indulge yourself!
- 3 Tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (or stock)*
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut in florets (with stems)*
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free xanthan gum*
- 2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups organic sharp white cheddar*, shredded
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt*
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper*
- Place 2 Tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan and bring to medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add chopped onions and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Sauté until lightly browned (6-8 minutes).
- Once browned, add fresh garlic and stir until aromatic (1-2 minutes).
- While onions are cooking chop broccoli into florets and place in Instant Pot.
- Add bone broth to the pot.
- After onions are nicely browned, pour the mixture in the pot.
- Cook for 4 minutes on Manual, High-Pressure
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the xanthan gum. In a small dish, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter. Add xanthan gum and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Once the soup has finished cooking use the quick release function to lift the lid.
- Add heavy whipping cream, cheese and xanthan gum to the pot.
- Reseal the lid, and set on sauté function for 2-3 minutes.
- Use the quick release function to lift the lid.
- Place the soup in the refrigerator for at least an hour (in order to thicken the consistency), even better after 24 hours.
I prefer the flavor and health benefits of bone broth. However, chicken stock will work just as well.
One head of broccoli generally works out to about 5 cups of florets.
Be sure to purchase a gluten-free brand (in order to keep it keto). Also, you’re welcome to add an additional 1/2 teaspoon if you prefer a thicker consistency.
I would encourage you to purchase a block of cheese and shred it yourself. Often times pre-shredded cheeses contain preservatives or fillers causing the soup to have a gritty texture.
You may desire more or less salt than recommended. No problem. Salt your soup to taste.
Additionally, you may desire more or less pepper than recommended. Again, I’d encourage you to pepper to your palate.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 659
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 61g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: Keto, Instant Pot, Healthy, Homemade, How to Make, Gluten Free, Easy, Creamy, Recipe, Keto Lunch