Here’s the truth. I’m American, and I hate football.
Which means, the only part of Super Bowl Sunday that excites me (besides the booty’s), is the food!
Don’t mind me, I’ll be in the kitchen until halftime.
Unfortunately, keto puts the smack down on most Superbowl snacks. So I wanted to make sure you’re prepared with a delicious dish to pass— one that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser! And who doesn’t get down on some spinach and artichoke dip?
Spinach + Artichoke Dip
Yield: 4 cups / Serving size: 1/2 cup / Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 30
- 2 (10oz) containers fresh organic spinach
- 14oz artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp unsalted organic butter
- Splash white (or sherry) wine
- 2 shallot cloves, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8oz) organic cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- Dash red pepper flakes
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Dollop organic sour cream (optional garnish)
- Place butter in large sauté pan or cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add shallot. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add fresh spinach, lemon, and wine. Gently stir to combine.
- Once spinach has wilted, add contents of sauté to a large sauce pan.
- Add cheese, artichoke, green onion and garlic to sauce pan.
- Bring to medium heat. Stir frequently until contents are well combined.
- Season with red and black pepper.
- Add salt (if need be).
- Garnish with sour cream and serve with Keto Cheese Crisps.
Keto Cheese Crisps
Yield: 50 chips / Serving size: 10 chips / Prep time: 10 min / Cook time: 7 min
- 2 cups Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1 Tbsp unsalted organic butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place butter and cheese in small sauce pan and bring to medium heat.
- Once cheese has melted, transfer to a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until dough ball begins to form.
- Place dough on countertop and knead until well-combined (about a minute).
- Place dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper and roll into a thin sheet (the thinner you roll the dough, the crispier the chip).
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares (or desired shape).
- Using a spatula, gently transfer sliced dough squares to baking pan.
- Bake until nicely browned (5-8 minutes).
- Let cool before serving.*
*Cooling is the key to making them crispy.
Brand New to Keto?
If you’re brand new to keto and not sure where to begin I encourage you to check out my FREE Keto Kickstart Masterclass!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!