Dense leafy greens can be one of the most intimidating aspects of a dinner plate— that is, if you’re not sure how to work with them. Let me show you just how easy and delicious nutrient-rich greens can be.
Southern Style Greens
Yield: 2 cups // Serving size: 1 cup // Prep time: 5 min // Cook time: 10 min
- 2 handfuls Swiss chard (or choice leafy)
- 2 handfuls cabbage
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 fresh fresno pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Bring a cast iron pan to medium heat.
- Chop bacon and throw in pan with butter.
- Dice onion and add to pan. Brown onions and bacon.
- Clean and chop chard and cabbage. Sauté altogether until greens are wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper, caraway, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over top and enjoy!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!