Roasting red bell peppers softens and sweetens their flavor. They’re brilliant on salads, sandwiches, or blended into sauces.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil*
- Wash peppers thoroughly and pat dry.
- Brush with olive oil (or use fingers in place of a brush).
- Place peppers on fryer tray.
- Cook at 400° for 25 minutes.
- Pull peppers from the tray and seal in a ziplock bag.* Allow them to cool.
- Once cool enough to touch (15-20 minutes), gently peel.
- Discard skin and seeds.
- Consume immediately, or drizzle with olive oil and store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
*The smoke point of olive oil is 410°. However, if you’re concerned you can use avocado oil instead.
*The ziplock bag is not necessary, but it will make the peeling experience much less annoying.
- Category: Principles
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Pepper
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: recipes, sauce, how to, oven, air fryer, sandwich, dip, dressing, soup, vegetarian, keto, cyclical keto