These will put your Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs to shame!
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a large bowl, mix together creamy peanut butter, dried peanut butter, sweetener, and salt until well-combined and slightly crumbly.
- Form dough into eight plump eggs, smoothing out edges with fingers.
- Place eggs on a plate (lined with parchment paper), and freeze for an hour.
- Place the chocolate chips, cacao butter and powdered cacao in a double boiler,* and bring to medium heat.
- Stir frequently until ingredients are fully incorporated and chocolate is silky smooth.
- Pull eggs from freezer. One-by-one, place a frozen egg in the chocolate.
- Flip the egg, covering both sides with chocolate and retrieve it with a slotted spoon.
- Place the chocolate-covered egg on a plate (lined with parchment paper).
- Once you’ve finished coating all the eggs, place them back in the freezer for ten minutes or so (until they’ve fully hardened).
- Store in fridge or freezer for up to a week.
You certainly don’t have to use 365 brand peanut butter. Just be sure to select a natural, unsweetened, creamy brand.
I prefer Swerve, but you could use a different brand of keto-sweetener. However, the confectioners variety is non-negotiable.
Lily’s brand is not imperative, although, I believe it’s the best in terms of taste and consistency.
Option to swap out cacao butter for coconut or MCT oil. Although, the butter is what gives the chocolate that silky consistency.
Regarding the double boiler, read the section above about the chocolate coating.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Egg
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Recipe, Easter, Homemade, Keto, Reeses, Chocolate, Creamy, DIY, Copycat Reeses