Blueberry muffins used to be my favorite breakfast food— that is until keto came along. So as you can imagine, I practically peed my pants in delight when I discovered there was a way to make ketogenic blueberry muffins. Naturally, I got to work purchasing the keto-approved ingredients and baking my first batch.
What a bummer!
The first batch was dry and crumbly— not the experience I was hoping for. But I’m not a quitter. It was back to the drawing board with another recipe.
Whomp, whomp whoooooomp!
Honestly, I must have tried four different (unpalatable) recipes before hitting the jackpot. This outrageous recipe was passed along from a client of mine. I’m not sure whether to thank her or curse her for killing my daily carb count. 😉 #totallyworthit
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Print
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 10 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 Tbsp keto-friendly sweetener (I’ve selected Swerve granular)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Grass-fed butter (for greasing) or muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin tin with 10 fitted liners (or grease with butter).
- In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients (almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt). Whisk until well combined.
- Add heavy cream and beaten eggs to the bowl. Stir together until wet and evenly combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries until well-distributed in the batter.
- Divide the batter among 10 muffin liners, filling each nearly to the top.
- Bake at 350°F until the tops are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot with a dab of butter.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: keto, recipes, breakfast, sweets, diet, muffins, make ahead, ideas, bake
Brand New to Keto?
If you’re brand new to keto and not sure where to begin I encourage you to check out my FREE Keto Kickstart Masterclass!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Katie Rodriguez nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.