My husband said it best, “This is not just a salad. It’s an experience!” They dynamic combination of sweet and savory flavors prompts an explosion of the senses. Cheehoo!
- 1 medium grass-fed burrata ball*
- 2 slices sustainably sourced prosciutto*
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 heirloom tomato, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons pickled red onions (see recipe above)
- 1 Tablespoon roasted red bell pepper vinaigrette (see recipe above)
- 1/2 Tablespoon balsamic glaze*
- Sprinkle Himalayan sea salt
- Wash and rinse arugula. Place it in the center of a large plate.
- Wrap burrata in prosciutto and place in the center of arugula pile.
- Place tomatoes and pickled onions around arugula bed.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and roasted red bell pepper vinaigrette.
*Burrata has a creamy, milky texture. If you prefer a firmer texture you have the option to swap traditional burrata for buffalo mozzarella.
*Quality prosciutto can be hard to get your hands on (unless you’re fortunate enough to live in Spain, in which case you should have no difficulty at all). Fortunately, I was able to find La Quercia (Step 4 sliced prosciutto) at my local Whole Foods Market.
*Most balsamic glazes on the market contain fair amounts of added sugar and colors. Be sure to select an unadulterated brand such as De Nigris. Or, reduce the sugar content even more by swapping balsamic glaze for traditional balsamic vinegar.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Giant Salad
- Calories: 546
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 51
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 12g