Boiled eggs should be easy enough, right? Well they seem to be, until you get to the part where you’ve got to peel them. Then suddenly chunks of perfectly good boiled egg are peeling away with the shell and you’re left with a sad, disheveled egg a quarter of the size you started with.
Want to know the secret to easy-to-peel boiled eggs every time? The Instant Pot! It’s amazing— so simple and SO easy to peel! Every. Single Time.
Perfectly Cooked Hard Boiled Eggs
- Free-range, organic cold eggs* (whole carton or 1 egg— it’s up to you)
- 1 cup water
*Something about the pressure makes for better results with cold eggs.
- Place trivet inside pressure cooker.
- Pour in the water.
- Place eggs on trivet, seal the lid and close the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot for “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” and set to low pressure (be sure to keep the “Warm” setting off).
- Set time according to desired consistency (3 minutes for soft-boiled, 6 minutes for soft-set, and 12 minutes for hard boiled) and press start.
- Once finished, use the quick-release method to bring the pot’s pressure back to normal. Transfer the eggs to a bowl with rubber tongs and peel* as soon as you can handle them.
*I generally peel the eggs under cold running water. This allows me to handle the eggs while they’re still hot and makes peeling easier.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!