Stuffed mushrooms are always a huge party hit! Plus, these bite-sized delights are naturally gluten-free and clean keto-approved. What’s more, they can easily be made vegetarian— so everybody wins!
- 16 ounces fresh crimini mushrooms (about 24)*
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated*
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 1/2 ounce bag pork rinds*
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Splash sherry or white wine (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.*
- Place the pork rinds in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.*
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Gently remove each stem by lightly wiggling the cap. Place the stems in a large bowl.
- Carefully scrape the gills from the caps and place them in the bowl with the stems.
- Place the scrapped mushroom caps on the baking sheet.
- Empty the bowl of mushrooms onto a cutting board and finely chop.
- Place the butter in a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, shallot, wine, and spices to the skillet. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and add cheeses, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and pork rinds.
- Using two spoons, generously stuff each cap with cheese filling.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and parsley (optional).
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes (until lightly browned).
- Serve warm (allowing 5 minutes to cool).
Crimini mushrooms are also known as baby bellas.
Using fresh parmesan enhances the flavor and texture of the filling.
Vegetarian option: omit the pork rinds.
Parchment paper is not necessary, but it will make the clean-up much easier.
If you don’t have a food processor a rolling pin will work as well.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 1 Mushroom
- Calories: 73
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: <1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Appetizer, Gluten free, Vegetarian, Keto, Low carb, Ketogenic diet, Cream Cheese, Easy