I get it— sometimes you just gotta have a biscuit or slice of toast with your morning coffee— and by all means, let yourself have it from time to time. Although, for the times in between, cauliflower toast should suffice.
Cauliflower + Bacon Toast with Avocado
Courtesy of Fat for Fuel, Ketogenic Cookbook by Dr. Joseph Mercola & Pete Evans
Yield: 4 pieces of toast // Serving size: 2 pieces // Prep time: 20 min
- 2 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 2 pasture raised, organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 2 slices nitrate-free bacon
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Dash Tabasco (optional)
- Micro greens to garnish (optional)
Option to top off eggs with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast (for cheesy flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon strips on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes (until lightly golden)
- Allow to cool and finely chop.
- Heat a small cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and swirl it to coat the skillet.
- Immediately crack the egg into the skillet and add a teaspoon of water to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the egg from the pan immediately. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.
- Melt 1 Tbsp oil in large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower crumbs and cook for 4-6 minutes, until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Once cauliflower has cooled, add bacon and eggs. Mix to combine. Season again with salt and pepper (if need be).
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of cauliflower mixture onto prepared tray and gently spread out to form a patty, approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Repeat until you have 4 patties total (or save mix for following day).
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Top with sliced avocado, fried egg, micro greens and Tabasco.
- Squeeze fresh lime over top.
Hello baller breakfast!
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!