My new obsession! Inspired by Joyous Health. 🙂
- 3 beets
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours or overnight
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 TBL balsamic or apple cider vinegar *optional
- Boil the beets (skins + all) until soft. Remove beets from stove and throw directly into ice bath (for easy peel off).
- Throw peeled beets and remaining ingredients (excluding salt and pepper) in a food processor or blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a dollop to a fresh salad or serve with crackers.