- 1 8oz carton fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Swerve granular
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 fresh lemon squeeze
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum*
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash strawberries and chop off caps. Slice and toss in saucepan.
- Add the following ingredients to saucepan: water, Swerve, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and vanilla. Place burner on high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and begin slowly whisking in xanthan gum (1/8 teaspoon at a time).*
- After all the xanthan gum has been added, continue to cook for another 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow time to cool (at least 5 minutes).* As the sauce cools it will thicken into jam consistency.
- Store in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
If you’d prefer a thicker consistency, you can always up the amount of xanthan gum. However, keep in mind, the sauce will thicken once removed from the heat (and you don’t want to add more xanthan gum after sauce has fully cooled).
It’s important to add the xanthan gum slowly and whisk continuously while adding. If not, the xanthan gum could clump and disrupt the texture and consistency of the jam.
The longer you allow the sauce to cool, the thicker it will become. Placing it in the fridge will speed up thickening process.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Keto
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 7
- Sugar: <1g
- Fat: <1g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: <1g
Keywords: Keto, Healthy, Homemade, Easy, How to Make