Sometimes you just need that crunch, right? And honestly, I can only take so many parmesan crisps or pork rinds. Plus, these are an excellent option for the vegetarian/vegan keto-goers on the scene.
Thanks for the inspiration Aleks of Sugar in the City!
Yield: 12 crackers // Serving Size: 1 cracker // Prep time: 5 min // Cook time: 50 min
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Choice seasoning (we chose everything but the bagel)
- Choice topping (we chose avocado mash with furikake)
You’re welcome to swap or omit any seeds except the chia. The chia seeds serve as the adhesive— binding all the seeds together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir all ingredients together (except for choice topping) until wet.
- Let sit 15-20 minutes while chia seeds work their magic.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Pull out and cut into 12 large rectangles.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Add topping and enjoy!
Option to spread mix onto a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for 8-10 hours. Dehydrating will provide extra crisp and will store longer. Store in cupboard for 2-4 days (longer if dehydrated).
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!