We’ve all heard of the keto-flu right? Many of us know first hand just how uncomfortable the flu can be. But what if there was a way to help ease the body into a state of ketosis— there absolutely is! They’re called supplements— specifically: electrolytes, magnesium, potassium and sodium. Now, you could go ahead and purchase each supplement individually and consume them independently, OR you could make a big ol’ batch of homemade Ketorade and get the job done in one shebang.
We can give thanks to The Wellness Mama for this fabulous recipe!
Yield: 6 cups // Serving size: 1 cup // Prep time: 5 min
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp potassium chloride
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt (or less, to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Natural Calm magnesium
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners OR 20-30 drops liquid stevia
- Juice the lemons or limes (or a combination of both).
- Place all ingredients in a jug and whisk until all crystals have dissolved.
- Add ice if you’d prefer and take it down the hatch.
I wouldn’t advise drinking Ketorade on an empty stomach— especially if you’re new to this whole keto thing. The last thing I want you to do is feel sick and come at me like, “thanks for nothin’ Kate.”
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!