Obsessed might be an understatement! Paleo Chef, Pete Evans has really outdone himself with this fabulous kale caesar salad. I’ve included his homemade caesar dressing (which is unbelievably delicious); however, if you’d like to cut your prep time in half, I’d suggest using Primal Kitchen’s Caesar Salad Dressing. Here’s my twist on Pete’s recipe…
Primal Caesar Salad
Yield: 1 Monster Salad // Prep time: 30 min
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- 2 strips nitrate-free bacon
- 2 heaping handfuls kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 4 anchovy fillets
- Fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup light olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
Yield: 1 cup // Serving size: 4 Tbsp
- Combine the egg, anchovies, garlic, lemon juice and mustard in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- With the motor running gradually add the oil, drop by drop, until emulsified and thickened.
- Pour remaining oil in steady stream and continue to process until the dressing is the consistency of heavy cream.
- Add salt, pepper or more lemon to taste (if need be).
Leftover dressing can be transferred to a glass jar and stored for 3-5 days.
- Pan fry the bacon until golden crisp. Cool, chop and set aside.
- Place the egg in a large saucepan of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, drain and cool in ice bath. Peel, cut in half and set aside.
- Wash and massage kale. Piece off in large bowl. Add dressing and toss.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and parsley.
- Top with bacon, egg, anchovies and cheese.
- Add some fresh ground pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Prepare yourself for a serious foodgasm!
This serving size is seriously so monstrous that it really serves as a one-and-done meal. Alternatively, if you plan on eating multiple meals throughout the day you can easily cut the portion size in half or share with someone you ❤️.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!