Yield: 1 Salad // Prep time: 30 min
This recipe comes courtesy of Fat for Fuel, Dr. Joseph Mercola’s latest cookbook. It’s delightful Mediterranean flavor will leave you pleasantly satiated. The original recipe calls for dates (which are a nice addition) but I’ve chosen to omit them out due to their high sugar count— your call.
- 5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 1/4 green bell pepper
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp pistachios
- 2 rings of red onion (slivered)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 handful Italian parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp sumac*
- Place garlic, chili, cumin, sumac, coconut yogurt and juice of 1/2 lemon in blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
*I had difficulty getting my hands on sumac. If you’re running into the same issue you can always substitute with a bit of lemon zest.
- Prepare the veggies: slice the tomatoes and cucumber. Juliann the peppers and onion.
- Toss veggies in large bowl. Add mint, parsley and pistachios.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss everything together.
- Top with coconut dressing.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!