Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to get away with Mexican food while on the ketogenic diet. But what about the tortillas?! Don’t worry, I think you’ll be amazed by not only how easy these are to make, but how delicious they actually are!
Cheddar Cheese Taco Shells
Yield: 6 shells // Serving size: 1 shell // Prep time: 5 min // Cook time: 7 min
- 1 6oz bag of Organic Valley Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet. You can use parchment paper but a silicone mat is best, because the cheese comes off easily every time.
- Drop piles of cheese (1/4 cup per shell) on mat in the shape of a flat tortilla shell.
- Bake cheese for 5-7 minutes, until edges are crispy.
- Let the cheese cool for 1 minute before shaping shell. I generally lay the cheese over a rolling pin in order to achieve the proper shape.
Don’t wait too long to shape the cheese, because once it cools it becomes brittle.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!