Keto Chocolate Pecan Pie Muffins
Yield: 24 mini muffins // Serving size: 1 piece // Prep time: 15 min // Cook time: 10-15 min
Growing up breakfast meant a stack of pancakes and maple syrup. Over the years I’ve traded sugar for salt, and come to enjoy eggs and bacon over arugula. However, I still have those occasional days when nothing but coffee and a sweet treat will satiate.
If you’re accustomed to starting your morning off with something sweet and struggling to make it keto-friendly— This is the recipe for you!
This recipe is courtesy of keto enthusiast, Carolyn Ketchum. I’ve altered it a bit in order mute the sweetness, adjust the macros and add additional moisture. You can find the original recipe by heading to her official site, All Day I Dream About Food.
- 1/4 cup Erythritol sweetener
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted, grass-fed butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons organic sour cream (full fat)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips*
*I’ve chosen Lily’s Dark Chocolate (Stevia sweetened, 55% cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line (or grease with butter) 24 mini-size muffin cups.
- In medium bowl, whisk together sweetener, almond flour, pecans and salt.
- In large bowl, beat the butter with eggs until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture until combined. Stir in sour cream. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
These muffins won’t rise at all, they are firm, dense muffins. The best way to tell if they’re done in the center is by sticking a toothpick directly through the muffin, if it comes out clean, they’re fully cooked. These travel well and pair brilliantly with coffee!
Let me know what you think in the comments below. 😘
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!