Reasons why I can’t keto…
Can you relate?
SO many people resist the ketogenic diet because they’re terrified to give up pancakes, potatoes and PIZZA.
So what if you don’t have to?
This keto-friendly pizza dough will have you thanking the Lord and baby bearded Jesus and reconsidering the ketogenic diet.
Magic Mozzarella Dough
Magic Mozzarella Dough is courtesy of Carolyn Ketchum and is featured in her book, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. It is outrageously delicious and wonderfully versatile. Carolyn uses Magic Mozzarella Dough to make everything from pizza dough to cinnamon rolls. Yes please!
- 6 ounces of preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I prefer Organic Valley)
- 5 TBL. unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 large free-range egg
- In a large saucepan, melt the cheese and butter over low heat until they can be stirred together.
- Remove from heat and add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Add the egg and sir until a cohesive dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto floured work surface and knead until uniform (about 1 minute), if dough is still quite sticky sprinkle in a bit more almond flour.
- Roll out dough directly onto pizza stone. (This is by far the easiest method— however, if you don’t have a stone, you can roll on a silicone baking mat or between parchment paper and transfer to a pan— just be sure to dust the baking mat or parchment paper with almond flour prior to rolling dough).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your toppings. 👇
Wild Mushroom and White Truffle Pizza
Yield: 12″ pizza (8 slices) // Serving size: 1 piece
FAT: 10g // PROTEIN: 7g // CARB: 6g
- 3 cups choice fungi (I’ve selected king oyster, baby bellas and shitake)
- 1 TBL. white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 TBL. fresh thyme
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Dice mushrooms and toss in bowl.
- Mince shallot and add to mushrooms.
- Add fresh thyme.
- Pour in oil.
- Toss together.
- Pour over pizza crust and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
This pizza is SUPER rich! Unless you’re going in family-style you’re sure to have leftovers. For best results, reheat your pie in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. Ooohh la-la! 😍