Loads of leftover Easter eggs? Perfect time for decadent deviled eggs! At less than one gram of carbohydrates per egg, these beauties are absolutely ketolicious!
Truffled Deviled Eggs
Yield: 12 halves // Serving size: 1 egg
FAT: 15g // PROTEIN: 7g // CARB: <1g
- 6 eggs
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 TBL bacon grease
- 2 TBL avocado mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil*
- 1 TBL dijon mustard
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Sprinkle of chives (garnish)
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt (optional)
- Drizzle hot pepper jelly (optional)
*If you’re not a fan of truffle oil or if you’re simply not in the mood to try something exotic, you can just as easily leave the truffle oil out of this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel eggs under cold running water or prepare hard-boiled eggs.
- Place bacon in oven and bake until crispy (15-20 min).
- Once eggs have been peeled, slice lengthwise in half.
- Carefully scrape out yolk into a bowl and set aside egg whites.
- Mix together: egg yolk, bacon grease, avocado mayo, truffle oil and dijon until smooth and creamy.
- Chop 2 strips of bacon and add to mix.
- Lightly season with fresh cracked pepper and additional salt (if need be).
- Pipe or scoop yolk mix back into whites.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and fresh chives.
- Delicious with a drizzle of hot pepper jelly. 🙂
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe or what secret deviled ingredients you may have hiding up your sleeve. Feel free to drop me a line in the comments below.
Whether you’re well-versed or brand spankin’ new to keto life and looking for some help, you should check out Katie’s coaching program. Coach Katie lives keto all day, errryday. She keeps up to date on the latest science, so you don’t have to. But more importantly, she addresses your specific goals to help you achieve ultimate success on your keto journey. And it’s always better to have someone in your corner, guiding you along. So if you’re ready for total life transformation and ultimate keto success, schedule your FREE initial keto consultation today!