Loads of leftover Easter eggs? Perfect time for decadent deviled eggs! At less than one gram of carbohydrates per egg, these beauties are absolutely ketolicious!
Truffled Deviled Eggs
Yield: 12 halves // Serving size: 1 egg
FAT: 15g // PROTEIN: 7g // CARB: <1g
- 6 eggs
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 TBL bacon grease
- 2 TBL avocado mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil*
- 1 TBL dijon mustard
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Sprinkle of chives (garnish)
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt (optional)
- Drizzle hot pepper jelly (optional)
*If you’re not a fan of truffle oil or if you’re simply not in the mood to try something exotic, you can just as easily leave the truffle oil out of this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel eggs under cold running water or prepare hard-boiled eggs.
- Place bacon in oven and bake until crispy (15-20 min).
- Once eggs have been peeled, slice lengthwise in half.
- Carefully scrape out yolk into a bowl and set aside egg whites.
- Mix together: egg yolk, bacon grease, avocado mayo, truffle oil and dijon until smooth and creamy.
- Chop 2 strips of bacon and add to mix.
- Lightly season with fresh cracked pepper and additional salt (if need be).
- Pipe or scoop yolk mix back into whites.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and fresh chives.
- Delicious with a drizzle of hot pepper jelly. 🙂
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe or what secret deviled ingredients you may have hiding up your sleeve. Feel free to drop me a line in the comments below.