This recipe comes straight from my mother’s kitchen, and she just so happens to be a top-notch chef. 🙂 This recipe, though rather time consuming is well worth the work!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 garlic bulb
- 2 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and garlic bulb (face up) on baking sheet (you may want to line your sheet with aluminum foil as the peppers tend to make a mess).
- Bake until black and blistered (20-30 minutes).
- Place peppers in brown paper bag until cool enough to touch (don’t skip this step- this allows the skin to be peeled with ease).
- Once peppers have cooled, gently peel off skin and discard bell pepper seeds. Place meat in a blender.
- Dig out garlic cloves and add to blender.
- Add oil and sea salt and blend on high until smooth.
- Use as sandwich spread or serve with artesian crusty bread, nutrient dense crackers or vegetable sticks. Enjoy!