Boiled eggs should be easy enough, right? Well they seem to be until you get to the part where you’ve got to peel them, and suddenly chunks of perfectly good boiled egg are peeling away with the shell and you’re left with a sad, disheveled egg a quarter of the size you started with. Want to know the secret to easy-to-peel boiled eggs every time? I’ve got you covered.
- Free-range, organic eggs (whole carton or 1/2 dozen- it’s up to you)
- Ice cubes (for cold bath)
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cool water (1″ above eggs).
- Bring water to a slow boil over med-high heat.
- Once boiling, remove pan from heat and cover for 12 minutes.
- After sitting for 12 minutes transfer to ice bath and peel immediately.
- You’re welcome!