Sure, you can buy boiled beets at your local Whole Foods store, but I can guarantee they won’t be nearly as delicious as this easy-to-follow recipe!
- 2 choice beets (I’ve selected chioggia)
- Ice (for bath)
- Place beets in deep saucepan and cover with water (3-4″ over beets).
- Boil beets over high heat until soft (20-40 minutes depending on size).
- When soft (should be the same consistency as a boiled potato- test with a fork), transfer beets to an ice bath.
- Once cool enough to handle, gently peel off skin. If beets are adequately cooked, the skin will peel with ease.
- Chop and store in mason jar for easy access (saves 4-6 days).