This is one of my all time favorites. A bit labor intensive but well worth it!
- 2 cups soaked chickpeas (canned will do as well, though the consistency will be thinner)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 TBL pesto
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 tsp.+- Himalayan sea salt
- Roast bell pepper and jalapeño in oven at 400 degrees until skins are blistered (about 20 min on each side).
- When cool enough to touch, peel and seed peppers.
- Toss peppers in blender with remaining ingredients (excluding salt).
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with choice veggies or crackers. Delicious!