Who says you can’t have chickpeas on keto? You most certainly can! However, if you’re like me and just can’t help but devour all 8 servings in one sitting than its best you reserve this recipe for carb re-feed days. Hello cyclical keto!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
Yield: 2 cups // Serving Size: 1/4 cup // Prep time: 15 min // Cook time: 25 min
- 1 cup dried chickpeas (canned will do as well, though the consistency will be thinner)
- 4 cups water (if using dried chickpeas)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp.+- Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Optional step: soak chickpeas overnight or for about 8 hours (soaking makes them easier to digest)
- Rinse chickpeas in water.
- Place chickpeas and water in the Instant Pot. Set to cook for 15 minutes on the “pressure cooking” (on high) setting.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place peppers on pan.
- Roast bell pepper and jalapeño for 10 minutes (until skins are blistered).
- Flip peppers and roast another 10 minutes (until both sides are blistered).
- Pull peppers from oven and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to touch, peel and seed peppers.
- Place peppers in blender with remaining ingredients (excluding salt).
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with choice veggies or keto crackers.