Those of you uninterested in participating in a ketogenic diet might as well tune out for the next 3 weeks; because I am fully committed to spreading the good word about the gloriousness of consuming a high-fat, low-carb, nutrient rich diet. In fact, there is such an obscene amount of information to share that I’ve broken up the info into a 3 part series.
Here’s a breakdown of the Ketogenic Diet for Weight loss Series:
- Week 1: Why you should consider a ketogenic diet.
- Week 2: What is a ketogenic diet exactly?
- Week 3: How to effectively execute a ketogenic diet.
10 Reasons Why You Should Consider a Ketogenic Diet
- You have difficulty concentrating.
Healthy fats improve brain function, focus and clarity.
- You’re moody and irritable.
Low-carb diets have been linked to mood stabilization and diminished depression.
- You suffer from migraines.
Ketone bodies also have an anti-inflammatory effect, thereby reducing or eliminating migraines altogether.
- You suffer from chronic pain.
Research is mounting to suggest that a ketogenic diet can effectively reduce or even eliminate chronic pain.
- You’re trying to get pregnant.
Beware! A ketogenic diet may cause pregnancy.
- You’re battling cancer.
Cancer cells rely on glucose for fuel. By ingesting less glucose you’re essentially starving cancer cells.
- You’d like to improve the condition of your skin.
Healthy fats encourage cellular repair, often eliminating skin conditions such as: acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
- Your loved ones are suffering from Alzheimer’s.
Ketones stimulate the healing and growth of brain cells. Studies have shown that a ketogenic diet can provide symptomatic relief to a broad range of brain disorders including: autism, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s.
- You suffer from acid reflux.
Refined sugars and starches prompt acid reflux. The ketogenic diet encourages the elimination of refined sugars and starches, thereby eliminating major culprits of acid reflux.
- You’d like to shed a few pounds (or more than a few).
Low carb diets such as Atkins, based in ketogenic principle have been popularized in recent years due to their overwhelming effectiveness in slimming the waistline.
If you’re considering giving this whole keto-thing a go but still unsure of what you’re getting into, don’t worry. Next week’s post will offer a full break down of what exactly a ketogenic diet entails and why it’s worth taking a chance on.