I have a confession to make…
I wasn’t always the avid health nut I am today. In fact, I used to be a bonafide fatty. True story- I regularly spent my lunch money on 7-11 hot dogs, Cool Ranch Doritos, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and a Slurpee to wash it all down. Gross!
Although I’ve given up the processed foods and refined sugars, the fat girl indubitably remains. It makes total sense- keto and I getting along like peas and carrots. I mean, fueling off fat, are you kidding me- what could be better?
Just a bit of sugar perhaps. 😉
One of the biggest challenges faced by ketogenic enthusiasts is supplementing sweets. Not to worry my friends, I’ve got you covered. I’ve stumbled across this delightful rendition of my dear old friend, Mr. peanut butter cups. A recipe too glorious not to share!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bombs
Yield: 12 pieces // Serving size: 1 piece // Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup unadulterated peanut butter
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
- 3 TBL grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 TBL organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBL dark chocolate (85% cacao or higher)
- In pan or microwave (one minute in microwave), melt peanut butter and 2 TBL butter until smooth.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Pour mixture into flexible candy tray or mini baking cups and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and remaining butter in pan or microwave (again, one minute in microwave).
- Stir until smooth.
- Mix in heavy whipping cream.
- Pour chocolate mixture into candy tray or mini baking cups (directly over peanut butter mixture).
- Freeze for at lease an hour.
- Shove in mouth and destroy.