I’ve been on a cruciferous kick. Not only are these wondrous vegetables high in phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, they’re also probable protectors against cancer and cardiovascular disease.
And the real kicker…they’re absolutely delicious!
This killer recipe, courtesy of Nutrition Stripped is too good not to share. 🙂
- 1/2 head purple cauliflower
- 1/2 head white cauliflower
- 1/2 head romanesco
- 1 cup + 2 TBL extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2″ piece fresh ginger root
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper
- Juice of one lime
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp +- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice veggies into 1/2″ steaks. Toss in a bowl with 2 TBL olive oil, a dash of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Spread veggies on a baking sheet and bake until browned, 20-30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the chutney. Add the remaining ingredients to a blender and blast on high until pureed. Refrigerate remaining for leftovers the following day. The easiest!
Approximate shelf life is 3-5 days. Enjoy!