I’ve been on a cruciferous kick. Not only are these wondrous vegetables high in phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, they’re also probable protectors against cancer and cardiovascular disease. And the BEST part—they’re absolutely delicious!
This killer recipe is courtesy of Nutrition Stripped, and too good not to share!
Roasted Romanesco with Mint Chutney
- 1/2 head purple cauliflower
- 1/2 head white cauliflower
- 1/2 head romanesco
- 1 1/4 cup extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2″ piece fresh ginger root
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper
- Juice of one lime
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp +- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Yield: 6 cups / Serving size: 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Slice veggies into 1/2″ steaks
- Toss in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, a dash of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Spread veggies on a baking sheet and bake until browned, 20-30 minutes
- While veggies are roasting, prepare the chutney
Yield: 1 1/2 cup / Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Add the remaining ingredients to a high speed blender
- Blast on high until pureed
- Pour over roasted veggies
- Refrigerate remaining for leftovers the following day
- Ta da!
Approximate shelf life is 3-5 days. Enjoy!