Just after I bashed food in disguise I had to go and post a recipe like this- a bit hypocritical wouldn’t you say? Here’s my take: Eat real food. If you’re going to eat food in disguise make sure it’s composed of real food products, imitation anything should be avoided at all costs.
As I mentioned in last weeks post, I’m in love with dairy. Unfortunately, dairy does me dirty. In order to strike a compromise I allow myself the occasional indulgence knowing damn well I’ll pay the consequence. If you’re not willing to pay the price, the other option is to supplement cravings with delicious and nutritious impersonators like this one.
- 2 cups soaked* raw cashews
Soak cashews in water for at least an hour, I generally soak them overnight. Drain before using.
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBL apple cider vinegar
- Half lemon, freshly squeezed
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Blend all ingredients except salt and pepper in food processor or high-quality blender until relatively smooth. I enjoy a coarse texture with this recipe, leaving some of the cashews partially intact.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with choice vegetables, crackers, tortilla chips, or my personal favorite, castelvetrano olives. Saves 4-5 days and works well as a grab and go snack. Enjoy!