Losing stubborn belly fat may not be as difficult as it seems. It doesn’t necessitate an hour of cardio or 100+ crunches a day (though that will help as well). Excessive belly fat is largely due to poor dietary choices. The accumulation of fat cells is specifically due to an overabundance of glucose (sugar and refined starch). Here are 5 simple suggestions that will promote a tighter tummy.
- Drink more Water– Drinking water before each meal has been shown to promote weight-loss.
- Make dinner your smallest meal– Digestion slows while you sleep. Leaving a pile of food in your stomach leads to insufficient digestion and inadequate nutrient absorption.
- Eat more protein– Lean protein leaves you satiated for longer, reducing the consumption of empty calories.
- Trade calorie counting for sugar awareness– Excess sugar in the body turns to fat.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night– Here’s a good reason to sleep in! Studies suggest people who sleep less than 7 hours per night are heavier, gain more weight over time, and have a harder time losing weight.