Frittatas are wonderfully versatile fit fuel. They do require a bit of preparation, but I assure you, they’re well worth it. Plus, the leftovers hold up beautifully for 2-3 days.
- 6 organic farm fresh eggs
- 1 sweet potato (red skin would be a nice substitute)
- 2 bushels of cauliflower (or broccoli if you prefer)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Handful fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup organic feta* optional
- 1/2 fresh avocado
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lime
- 1 TBL olive or avocado oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop sweet potato, cauliflower and onion to desired size and toss in pan (cast iron ideal).
- Sauté veggies in oil, Himalayan sea salt and cracked pepper until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- While veggies are cooking, chop fresh basil and red bell pepper. Whisk eggs and add to bell pepper mix.
- Pour egg mix over sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle with feta and bake for 15-20 minutes (until light, fluffy and golden brown).
- Garnish with sliced avocado and fresh squeezed lime. Enjoy!