Hummus is quick + clean fuel. This recipe can be made with canned or dried garbanzo beans- dried will yield a thicker + heartier texture. This is a basic recipe, it can be embellished with garlic, artichoke hearts, roasted red bell peppers, pesto etc.
- 2 cups (soaked or canned) organic garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 lemons (freshly squeezed)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Toss ingredients (excluding salt and pepper) into a high speed blender or food processor (I used a Vitamix) and pulse until desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with choice veggies.
- Fresh hummus saves 4+ days. Enjoy!